COVID - 19 Protocol
As most of you know, our office has always been in compliance with the highest infection control standards, as Dentistry has been protecting us and our patients since HIV came to the attention of the world. But with the emergence of a new threat, COVID-19, Dentistry is putting additional protections in place to insure the safety of our staff and our patients.
To reiterate what we have in place, our office has the following:
- Sign posted on the entrance asking patients to don a mask before entering, and requiring those patients to wear the mask at all times except during actual patient treatment.
- Have all patients and visitors to the office perform hand hygiene upon entering the premises with hand sanitizer provided by the office.
- Have all patients read a COVID-19 Questionnaire upon entering the premises. If there are no positive answers, the patient may stay.
- Temperatures are taken on all patients before continuing to the treatment area.
- The number of patients scheduled at a time is done with distancing in mind to reduce the number of patients in the treatment areas and reception area. The size of the office easily allows for social distancing.
- The amount and type of PPE provided to the staff is of the highest quality and meets necessary standards.
- Pre-treatment mouth rinses are performed on every patient prior to dental work.
- High velocity suction is used.
- Treatment rooms are more than adequately distanced, with physical barriers between treatment areas.
- High quality, medical grade HEPA filtration is present. It captures up to 99.9% of particles down to 0.1 microns, including bacteria and viruses with 4 Stage Filtration.
- Disinfecting of common surfaces in reception, front office, and bathrooms occur regularly, such as door handles and pens, in the form of hospital-grade disinfecting wipes and sprays.
- Common area items have been removed to prevent cross-contamination, such as: magazines, water bottles, coffee, “brag books”, and business cards.
- As always, treatment rooms are disinfected with hospital-grade disinfectants.
We hope that this information helps to alleviate any concerns one might have about coming to the dental office. It is our goal to keep you safe and healthy, while caring for your very important dental health.
CALL US: (480) 829-8200 REQUEST APPOINTMENT