Dental Restoration Services In Tempe
Dental restoration is an umbrella term, covering several different procedures. Modern dentistry focuses on restorative treatments that look and feel like natural teeth, resulting in some overlap with cosmetic work. These treatments address conditions that have affected a patient’s teeth, gums, or jaw with the ultimate goal of restoring a person’s smile to its original condition.
Types of Restorations
There are a few different types of dental restorations, including:
- Fillings – most modern fillings are completed using composite resin. These address existing issues with your teeth while also preventing the spread of bacteria.
- Crowns – these are a small cap that is placed over a tooth, restoring its shape, size, and appearance. They are also used to cover an implant or to hold a bridge in place.
- Bridge – these are false teeth that cover a gap created by missing ones. Most bridges are permanently anchored by crowns.
- Implants – small posts made from titanium metal that is placed into the bone socket of a missing tooth. It is then covered by a replacement tooth and a crown.
- Dentures – removable replacement teeth made from acrylic resin.
The ideal treatment for you depends on your condition, your existing oral health, and the state of the surrounding teeth. It is a good idea to speak with your dentist to learn more.
Why You May Need One
Restorative dentistry enhances your smile and can be used to correct many issues. For example, certain implants, crowns, and inlays can correct or fill in gaps between teeth, replace missing teeth, and even repair damaged ones. Improper bites and complications with eating or chewing can also be addressed through restoration dentistry. Simply put, if you are dealing with dental pain, have dental decay, or want to improve your smile, restoration work may be for you.
Benefits of Restorations
Having your teeth or gums restored brings with it a ton of benefits. The biggest and most obvious one is confidence in your smile. You may also notice that your oral health improves. Most restorative work strengthens and protects your teeth, preventing future cavities and other complications.
The precise process you can expect to experience varies depending on the type of restorative work you need. In all cases, you need to book an appointment with your dentist to find out which treatment method is ideal. The restoration work itself may take place over one or more subsequent visits. If you find yourself in need of a dental restoration in Tempe, contact Tempe Smile Design. We have been serving the Phoenix area for years, offering patient-centric care in a welcoming environment. Contact us today by phone or visit us online to book your appointment.
Reasons for restorative dentistry:
- Enhance your smile.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth.
- Improve or correct an improper bite.
- Prevent the loss of a tooth.
- Relieve dental pain.
- Repair damaged and decayed teeth.
- Replace missing teeth.
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments.
- Restore normal eating and chewing.
Remember to give your teeth the attention they need today!